Let’s teach the web together! Earn your Webmaker Mentor badge. Teach web literacy, help others learn digital skills, and share creative new ways for teaching tech.
Click here to apply for your badge, or read on to learn more!
Why become a Webmaker Mentor?
- Help others. As part of Mozilla’s non-profit mission, our goal is to spread digital literacy and skills through open collaboration and global community.
- Expand your network. Connect with other techies, educators and mentors around the world to exchange ideas and creative new ways for teaching tech.
- Grow your reach. By participating in “big tent” making and learning campaigns like Maker Party and the Mozilla Festival.
- Get swag. Webmaker Mentors get access to coveted Mozilla swag like stickers, t-shirts and banners to excite learners and make your events even more awesome. Get in touch to learn more.
- Shape curriculum. Our Web Literacy Map was created by, and is being sustained by, a global community that wants to teach this stuff well. It provides new ways for learners to get credit and recognition for web literacy skills.
- Innovate. Webmaker Mentors are defining the future of education and technology with new pedagogies and interest-driven, learner-centered content.
What do Webmaker Mentors do?
- Help others learn digital skills. Provide feedback and mentorship directly to learners hungry for digital skills around the world, from youth to adults.
- Issue Web Literacy badges. Learners around the world want your help. Review projects they have completed, provide feedback, tips and advice, and help them earn badges that recognize their new skills.
- Create and share teaching resources. Access and share teaching guides, kits and activities with other techies and educators around the world.
- Host Webmaker events. Webmaker Mentors share their knowledge through in-person and on-line learning experiences.
- Shape the overall direction of Webmaker. Webmaker is an open source project, powered by mentors, makers and community leaders like you.
Got what it takes?
Here’s how to become a Webmaker Mentor in three simple steps:
- Review the criteria. To earn the Webmaker Mentor badge, you must meet the criteria set out on the badge detail page. Confused? Stuck? Ask for help in our open online community.
- Apply for the badge. To submit evidence, click the ‘Apply’ button on the badge detail page. You need to link to evidence showing that you meet all of the criteria.*
- Receive your badge. Congratulations! You can now proudly display your Webmaker Mentor badge on your Webmaker profile!
* Some of the best submissions we’ve seen have been from people who have linked to a blog post they wrote. In that post they linked to activities where they fulfilled the badge criteria.